• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Silent Ringtone

I would like to be able to select a silent ringtone for certain contacts that are things like the local radio station telling me when someone won a ballgame...I've signed up for these texts but I don't want it to make any sound. I've always been able to choose silent as a ringtone, but in the S7 - Edge that isn't a choice. I recorded a silent ringtone on voice recorder, but when I go to ringtones, more options it doesn't give me the option to pick anything, I think that a default has been chosen, so I don't know how to clear a default on the app, I don't even know what app to look for as there is no notification app. HELP!

I understand u want to set a silent notification for SMS at certain contacts.
Connect your phone to computer. Go to ringtones folder, search the silent ringtone recorder with voive recorder. Copy this file on Notification folder on the phone.
Now you should be able to see and select this tone for SMS notification. In contacts go to desired contact, edit, scroll down and find SMS notification. There your ringtone will be now showed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones