• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help silent sound when taking photos?

This is a default setting and there doesn't seem to be a way to do it on certain configurations. Someone suggested it was because of privacy laws in certain countries so that people know you are taking pictures.

Some people have got a silent option in shutter sound, I am in the UK on Tmobile and I don't. Even in the paid for Vignette app (which is very good btw) I have an option to silence the shutter but it doesn't work.

Upvote 0
This is a default setting and there doesn't seem to be a way to do it on certain configurations. Someone suggested it was because of privacy laws in certain countries so that people know you are taking pictures.

Some people have got a silent option in shutter sound, I am in the UK on Tmobile and I don't. Even in the paid for Vignette app (which is very good btw) I have an option to silence the shutter but it doesn't work.

i'm in the uk and on t-mobile - my camara can be silenced - stock and vignette.

Upvote 0
i'm in the uk and on t-mobile - my camara can be silenced - stock and vignette.

If you go into the service menu and press

Menu Back Back Menu
Back Menu Menu Back

What info do you have on service info...

Model Info: X10i, UK, T-Mobile
Software Info: Software Version 1227-4612_R2BA026 GENERIC
System Version 1227-4607_R2BA026 GENERIC
Boot Version 1225-9698_8
Customisation Versiom 1238-8324_R8A
Content Version PB10

Is there something different between our two Tmobile handsets.

It doesn't bother me that I have the sound, it just bothers me that other people can turn their off and I can't:D:thinking:

Upvote 0
I think that everyone has been on tenterhooks waiting to hear where a SE X10i on South Africa's MTN network stands on this issue.

Well, wait no more, because I am here to tell you that via the CAMERA > ADVANCED SETTING > SHUTTER SOUND > OFF procedure...

There is no shutter sound. Eet ees silent!

Bring forth the clandestine photography in the unisex changing rooms!

(not really, obviously) (cough)

Upvote 0
I think that everyone has been on tenterhooks waiting to hear where a SE X10i on South Africa's MTN network stands on this issue.

Well, wait no more, because I am here to tell you that via the CAMERA > ADVANCED SETTING > SHUTTER SOUND > OFF procedure...

There is no shutter sound. Eet ees silent!

Bring forth the clandestine photography in the unisex changing rooms!

(not really, obviously) (cough)

Bah humbug 6000, I really want to do clandestine photography at innappropriate times :eek: but my dumb smartphone won't let me:D

Count yourself lucky that you have the elusive off button.

Upvote 0
Bah humbug 6000, I really want to do clandestine photography at innappropriate times :eek: but my dumb smartphone won't let me:D

Count yourself lucky that you have the elusive off button.

The end of a cotton-wool ear bud, dampened slightly and inserted into the speaker of your X10, then secured in place with duct tape and fabric sticking plaster may muffle the sound enough for you to go all p0rno paparazzi...

Now - back to finding a cure for cancer.

Upvote 0

Menu Back Back Menu
Back Menu Menu Back

Boot Version 1225-9698_8
Content Version PB10

It doesn't bother me that I have the sound, it just bothers me that other people can turn their off and I can't:D:thinking:

I am also in the UK and on T-Mobile, and I too cannot silence the shutter sound, even with 3rd party apps

Upvote 0
on uk voda and I have the silent option on mine.. peeping tom mode sounds cool... shall be tried LOL

On my Norwegian no-brand X10i I get Peeping-Tom mode. Stuck to my shoe and auto-shoot next. :D

The end of a cotton-wool ear bud, dampened slightly and inserted into the speaker of your X10, then secured in place with duct tape and fabric sticking plaster may muffle the sound enough for you to go all p0rno paparazzi...

You are all very bad boys! :eek::D But its only cos I'm jealous.... stamps feet 'I want an off button too Mummy!'

Upvote 0
Hey ROSERED

My silent mode works

Boot Version 1226-2253 R8A013
Customisation Version 1235-7379_R9A
Content Version PB10

Is my software version - again on T-Mob UK (although NOT a locked T-Mob handset as i get all mine at Carphone Warehouse)

Simply cos my other half works for them and get staff discount

Upvote 0

Menu Back Back Menu
Back Menu Menu Back

Boot Version 1225-9698_8
Content Version PB10

Model Info: X10i, France, Customized FR

I bought my mobby from tinterweb and i knew it was from france - but what exactly does the above mean?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones