1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Silently Pocket Distress Call

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by tjehuda, Sep 2, 2011.

1. tjehuda

tjehuda Lurker

Hi!

On my old nokia phone I had a distress number set to a quick dial number. That way I could silently make a distress call with the phone in my pocket.

Now that I am with the droid - is there a way to make such a call with the phone in the pocket?

I was thinking - maybe after 5 quick presses of the lock/unlock button a chosen number would be called for example.

Another option is to customize the unlock screen with a large icon that can be easily pressed while the phone is in the pocket.

Does something like this exist?

All the best,

Tjehuda

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Yes, get an app that can put shortcuts on the lockscreen, like Agile Lock paid version, Widgetlocker etc, and put a contact shortcut on the lockscreen.

3. gfinockio

gfinockio Newbie

Use Tasker.

4. JaSauders

JaSauders Well-Known Member

Not sure if it's what you want, but what about Life360? I have it set up so when I go mountain biking by myself, if I have a nasty wipeout I can at least feel confident I can get help.

You have a contract list you add users to. Then that list becomes your panic contact list. If you hit the panic button within Life360, it texts/emails/calls each user in your contact list your GPS coordinates. Pretty handy since mountain bike trails are hardly along main roads.

It's not something you can easily trigger from your pocket, but if you bust out the phone and have an icon on your home screen, a matter of 2-3 clicks you'd be in business.

Like I said, not sure if it's what you want, but I figured I'd mention it at least.