• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Silly Internal Storage vs MicroSD storage problem!

The Vivid is my third HTC Android phone yet I've never come across this problem before. I've tried googling and scouring forums but haven't come across it. Basically my problem is:

When I connect the phone to the PC (in Disk Drive mode), I'm getting TWO drives being connected. One is the HTC Storage and the other is the MicroSD card.

Now usually I only expect to see the SD card when I connect the phone to PC as a Disk Drive.

The last detail is that when I bought my phone, I was installing apps and taking pictures and movies, etc BEFORE buying the SD card. So everything was installing or stored to internal memory, photos included.

It may not be a big deal for some, but I want just the SD card to show up when I connect my phone to the computer.

If anyone has a similar experience or knows how to fix this, or can point me to another thread, I would appreciate it so much! Thanks!

Try connecting it to your usb and see if there is an option on the pop-up/drive you don't want to show to disable it.There should be an option here somewhere that says something like do not show this drive again etc.I can't test it yet because im at work but will look tonight:)

Thanks for replying sir! I guess what I could also ask is if anyone else is getting two "Autoplay" pop up boxes. And is this normal for the Vivid phone. My PC recognizes the internal memory as "HTC Storage" and the MicroSD as "Removable Disk". Like I mentioned, my two previous phones were the HTC Aria and the HTC Inspire, and I hadn't experienced this dual drive happening.

Upvote 0
Okay, so I read the HTC Vivid manual page 27

http://www.htc.com/us/content/documents/HTC_Vivid/20111109_HTC_Vivid_ATT_WWE_UG.pdf

Apparently when you connect the Vivid to a PC, it's SUPPOSED to connect both the Phone Storage and the MicroSD storage.

My other concern was that I wanted downloads and pictures to always save to the MicroSD instead of internal. Like the Zombie Booth app that turns profile pics into zombie pics. When I save a zombie pic, it keeps saving into the Phone memory instead of the MicroSD. So when I go into Gallery, the Zombie pics don't show up.

Upvote 0

http://www.htc.com/us/content/documents/HTC_Vivid/20111109_HTC_Vivid_ATT_WWE_UG.pdf

Apparently when you connect the Vivid to a PC, it's SUPPOSED to connect both the Phone Storage and the MicroSD storage.

My other concern was that I wanted downloads and pictures to always save to the MicroSD instead of internal. Like the Zombie Booth app that turns profile pics into zombie pics. When I save a zombie pic, it keeps saving into the Phone memory instead of the MicroSD. So when I go into Gallery, the Zombie pics don't show up.

Ok open you camera hit menu/settings then select the option save to Sd card.Now for the ones not showing up open pictures to your albums then hit menu then it will give youa list of folders you want to show up.

Upvote 0

Ok open your camera hit menu/settings then select the option save to Sd card.Now for the ones not showing up open pictures to your albums then hit menu then it will give youa list of folders you want to show up.I'm not sure this will make downloads go to the sd card but it does work for pictures taken with the camera.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones