• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Silly question- SGS Int'l version and radios

JBryant

Lurker
Jun 30, 2010
I know this is a stupid before I even ask it... but is there any chance that the international version will have a sim card slot and radios for both GSM and CDMA bands? Before you laugh, here's my reasons for asking:
1) I'm a US Cellular customer (CDMA), and occasionally travel outside the US, usually GSM lands- so it would be ideal if I could use a SGS internationally by using a prepaid SIM card
2) My wife has an HTC Touch Pro 2 on US Cellular, which also has a SIM card slot... so you see where my idea came from...

Wishful thinking, I'm sure, but I had to ask.

I know this is a stupid before I even ask it... but is there any chance that the international version will have a sim card slot and radios for both GSM and CDMA bands? Before you laugh, here's my reasons for asking:
1) I'm a US Cellular customer (CDMA), and occasionally travel outside the US, usually GSM lands- so it would be ideal if I could use a SGS internationally by using a prepaid SIM card
2) My wife has an HTC Touch Pro 2 on US Cellular, which also has a SIM card slot... so you see where my idea came from...

Wishful thinking, I'm sure, but I had to ask.

It would get expensive for a CDMA carrier to do that, but as you said it has been done before. I wouldn't hold my breath though :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones