1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

SIM card dilemma

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by phoneilliterate, Apr 20, 2020.

1. phoneilliterate

I have a htc evo shift that took a swim and now completely does not work. I bought a second hand htc one a9 hoping to get a usable phone. Both are for the sprint network. But the new phone says it has no SIM card. And it needs a SIM card. Where do I find the SIM card in my old evo shift so I can use it in the m9? Thanks for any help

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Older HTCs tended to have the SIM card under the battery cover, or even under the battery.

This is a 4G phone? I ask because prior to 4G CDMA phones (and Sprint is a CDMA network) didn't have SIM cards as I understand it (certainly CDMA networks didn't use them).

3. phoneilliterate

When turned on it shows 4g so I think it is. If it doesn’t have one, do you know how I would get a SIM card and where would it go in the new htc one a9?

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

If you don't have a SIM, you need to get one from your carrier, Sprint. Also AFAIK you need to register the replacement phone's MEID with Sprint, so they can activate service.

5. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

The A9 probably has a little slot in the side with a hole for a paperclip (or special tool) to pop it open. That's the normal design for a SIM tray on phones without user-replaceable batteries.