1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Sim card easy to remove

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Ayex, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Ayex

Ayex Lurker

I nearly got my phone stolen in a matter of minutes before my friend saved it by the time I got it back it already had its 64gb SD card and Sim card pulled out that couldn't be found.

basically I'm looking for a glue or putty, but at the same time I like to move my SD card around a lot. (computer)

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

You don't say what phone, and hence we don't know what the SIM/SD storage arrangement is (two trays, single tray, slots under the battery...). But I wouldn't recommend it myself: anything that's going to seriously slow down removal will be a pain for you and a possible threat to your warranty (I can just imagine a warranty repair being refused because they found that some adhesive had been inserted into the card tray space). And I doubt you'll find a happy medium between "barely slows things at all" and "cannot get it out at all", and the latter will be a real pain if either SIM or SD develops a fault (and both can fail).

Maybe if there is a case that can be made hard to take off, that at least wouldn't damage the phone.

psionandy likes this.
  3. Ayex

Ayex Lurker

That's not a bad idea, is their any hard to remove casings? Or maybe a way to tamper with one so it's hard to remove?