1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Sim card easy to remove

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Ayex, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Ayex

Ayex Lurker
    None

Feb 29, 2016
    Male
    I nearly got my phone stolen in a matter of minutes before my friend saved it by the time I got it back it already had its 64gb SD card and Sim card pulled out that couldn't be found.

basically I'm looking for a glue or putty, but at the same time I like to move my SD card around a lot. (computer)

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    You don't say what phone, and hence we don't know what the SIM/SD storage arrangement is (two trays, single tray, slots under the battery...). But I wouldn't recommend it myself: anything that's going to seriously slow down removal will be a pain for you and a possible threat to your warranty (I can just imagine a warranty repair being refused because they found that some adhesive had been inserted into the card tray space). And I doubt you'll find a happy medium between "barely slows things at all" and "cannot get it out at all", and the latter will be a real pain if either SIM or SD develops a fault (and both can fail).

Maybe if there is a case that can be made hard to take off, that at least wouldn't damage the phone.

psionandy likes this.
  3. Ayex

Ayex Lurker
    None

Feb 29, 2016
    Male
    That's not a bad idea, is their any hard to remove casings? Or maybe a way to tamper with one so it's hard to remove?