• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SIM card for CDMA GS4?

Surely the question is for GSM/WCDMA roaming, like what are marketed stateside as "world phones" offer?

The standard referred to as CDMA is not widespread outside North America.

True but it is available. As long as the phone has a gem/wxdma antenna swell then it will definetley work

So when your about to get the device do some research to check what antennas its packed with.

Upvote 0
CDMA is available almost nowhere outside of the US. Everywhere else uses GSM. There are very few phones capable of both CDMA and GSM because it requires two hardware radios and practically no demand for it. I really doubt the S4 is going to have a CDMA+GSM variant. If you want a world phone that you can use in the States, you need to buy an unlocked international version (I9500/I9505) and use it on AT&T or T-Mobile.

Upvote 0
Will the Samsung Galaxy S4 have a slot for an international SIM card?

it still remains to be seen...but on the most recent devices Sprint has done an embedded sim...

so the answer would be no if they do this on the s4....at least not without serious hardware modification to add the sim slot.

a few members on xda have been working on this with the note2. I have not followed progress but here is the thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1959005

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones