• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sim Card Hot Swapping Android

I am developing an android application, where without being restarting the phone the sim is replaced(hot swap).

The main objectives of this app are :

Read sim1 details and store (Done) Hot Swap Sim1 by Sim2 Read details of Sim2 and store The problem here is, when i hot swap, I need to either restart my phone to get sim details or I have to put the phone to Flight/Airplane mode then back to Normal mode.

Can anyone suggest me how to Read the Sim2 Details without restarting ?

Note that i tired putting my device in flight mode then back to normal mode before swapping without succes.

I am working with a Zentality 720-c (SPRD chipset) Tablet, Android version 6.0.

NB: I am insisting on the hot swapping feature, dual sim device is not a convenient solution for me .

I've done quite bit of SIM hot-swapping on various phones, Huawei, Oppo and Samsung devices. Where I just eject the SIM holder and swap out SIMs, without turning the phone off, and the phones have always recognised the changed SIMs and connected to their respective networks. And any apps I use haven't had a problem with that, although my banking app can't authorise with a SIM change, because of the change of phone number.

I don't know the Zentality 720-c, but I guess it shouldn't be a problem with hot-swapping SIMs, unless the manufacturer has stated otherwise?

Last edited:
Reactions: MoodyBlues
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones