1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

SIM card not detected

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by galaxyi1900g, Apr 12, 2012.

1. galaxyi1900g

galaxyi1900g Lurker

hi guys,

i've got the same problem. i tried flashing Omega ROM on my SGS2 I1900G version DZKL3 but found out that it only works for the non-G version.
    So, i restored using CWM but now, my SIM cannot be recognized and it says baseband unknown. My IMEI also lost!

Anyone got this problem before?
    A few xda threads mention that i need to rename some corrupted files using adb shell. Not familiar with that method and I'm not sure if it will really work. DOnt want to further screw up the phone.

Any help will be appreciated.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Extreme Android User

Welcome to the forum and thanks for joining.

There is an app which can recover the imei on a gs2 however I'm not sure if it will work on the G.
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.helroz.GSII_Repair&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5oZWxyb3ouR1NJSV9SZXBhaXIiXQ..

Maybe worth a shot if all else fails

There is a guide on how to recovery manually here

[GUIDE] Recover your IMEI in 9 steps. - xda-developers

If those don't work I think you will have to send it to Samsung to be repaired.

Hawker likes this.
  3. Hawker

Hawker Android Expert

Its one of the things I've always dreaded.
    I've got loads of EFS backups but thankfully I've never had to make use of any.
    I've always been a bit vague as to what I would need to do should the need arise.

Good find for that app Shotty.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews