1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General SIM card not found

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nsa_sailor, Feb 22, 2016.

1. nsa_sailor

nsa_sailor Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 6, 2011
    Engineer
    Wichita
    I've been getting this message lately. Seems like when I leave an area where there was no or little service, like in a basement of a concrete building or a parking garage. I have to power off and back on to get service again. Which means I need to wait about two or three minutes for the phone to reboot. Is this common or just me?

Advertisement

2. Mdraej99

Mdraej99 Android Enthusiast
    None

May 22, 2012
    Female
    Retired
    Maryland
    When this happened to us I called sprint and they sent another one out... just had to call after p got it for them to put new number in the system

ceva321 and KOLIO like this.
  3. nsa_sailor

nsa_sailor Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 6, 2011
    Engineer
    Wichita
    Since May 10, 2016 , Verizon has an update that purports to fix the No SIM Card message:

Current Software Update Benefits
    Software Version: MMB29K.N920VVRU2BPD4

This software update brings the latest Androidâ„¢ security patches, a fix to false "No SIM card detected" error messages and improves audio routing for incoming video and voice calls.

New SIM card detection software fixes false "No SIM card detected" pop-up notifications.

You can now answer video calls as just a voice call, and when you do, call audio is routed to the earpiece by default.

Samsung Galaxy Note 5

The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 was released in August of 2015 and was the company's flagship phablet for the year. The device features a 5.66-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 16MP main camera.