• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Peter123

Android Enthusiast
Nov 20, 2009
Soon I am going to Europe where I will get a local SIM card (my phone is unlocked).
Right now I have a VZW SIM card in the phone.

1. Do I just replace the VZW SIM with the new one and switch the phone to GSM to make it work?
2. Why do I need the original VZW SIM card at all? In the US I am on CDMA (I assume the phone does not need any SIM card. In Europe I can plug in a local one)

Peter

I believe this to be the case, but I am not sure, but have you tried calling Verizon to ask them.

Since you are on the CDMA version you may need to do a full wipe though, but I would call to make sure

Soon I am going to Europe where I will get a local SIM card (my phone is unlocked).

1. Do I just replace the VZW SIM with the new one and switch the phone to GSM to make it work?
2. Why do I need the original VZW SIM card at all? In the US I am on CDMA (I assume the phone does not need any SIM card. In Europe I can plug in a local one)

Peter

Upvote 0

Peter

1. - That's what I did.

2. - I don't think you need it. Unless you wanted to get charged ridiculous rates by Verizon for roaming abroad.

Reactions: Peter123
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones