• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SIM Card throttling WiFi speeds?

cduguet

Lurker
May 25, 2012
I know this sounds crazy, but it has been mentioned already in a couple of threads 1-2 years ago. I think it is better to start a new thread specifically regarding this problem.
I noticed a very slow downloading speeds with my phone over the WiFi network. I realized that when I start the phone without SIM Card the speeds are much higher. Then I put on back the SIM after restart again, and the speeds are again screwed. I am talking about download speeds of 6-9 Mbps without SIM and 0.5 with SIM. :(:(

I tried with just 2 SIMcards so far. One german o2 card and one chilean movistar (also an o2 brand) card. Same problem with both.
I would like you to give a try with other operators' SIM to see if you experience the same, and to see if we can get to the bottom of this.

Regards,
C

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones