1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

SIM card won't stay in

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by clyde Bruckman, Jul 13, 2015.

1. clyde Bruckman

Hi all,

has anyone had problems with getting their SIM cards to catch? I can't get mine to stay in. If I push it in, I can hear something clicking, as if it's supposed to catch, but it always comes back out. If you press it in and close the cover, it pushes up on the cover. Has anyone else had this issue, and, if so, is it fixable?

Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

Hi @clyde Bruckman and welcome to Android Forums :)

Has your phone always done this, or is it a recent development? It kind of sounds like the catch may be worn/broken, but I don't have any experience with the Brigadier so don't know exactly what's up. You may want to talk to your carrier or else take it by a mobile repair shop to see if they can help.

Good luck!

3. aprachan

aprachan Lurker

I just had this problem for about a minute and it was driving me nuts, but then I did a couple of google searches and tried the info directly from Verizon and surprisingly it worked.

Here's the link:
    http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-115417/

Basically, don't force it, just put it back in, and close the top and press the cover as tightly as possible to seal the card in. My phone case is also helping the cover stay put but you can also try some tape. This is honestly not the best phone; I've only had it since March of 2015 and have already had some annoying issues with it such as slow start up, freezing, etc.

I drop my phone a lot, and have a one year old who likes to drop my phone and cover it in food and milk . . . so in that respect it's excellent for durability. When it comes to everything else though, it's just an average phone.

Kyocera Brigadier Forum

The Kyocera Brigadier release date was July 2014. Features and Specs include a Snapdragon 400 processor, 3100mAh battery, 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, and 2GB RAM.

July 2014
Release Date
Reviews