1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support SIM Card won't unlock after CupCake

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by filbertman, Jun 16, 2009.

1. filbertman

filbertman New Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I've got a problem with my SIM Card not unlocking properly. Here's some background.

I got a G1 in October. I've used my VoiceStream SIM Card from 2001 or so and it's worked fine all this time. I have the SIM card set to be locked using a 4 digit PIN (same once I've used since I got the card.)

Three weeks ago I got the CupCake update. Ever since then, when I turn on the phone after a flight (I travel for work), it won't unlock the SIM Card. It prompts me for the PIN and I enter it. After that the SIM Card lock icon remains in the status bar and it won't register on the network. I tried turning on and off plane mode and re-entering the PIN but no change, even after 30 minutes. I've also tried re-booting with no effect. I can force the phone to connect to the T-Mobile network but the sim card lock icon remains.

However, if I go into phone settings and turn off the SIM card lock, then cycle the phone, it will connect fine and the Sim Card lock icon disappears after a minute as normal.

I guess I don't really need the SIM card lock, but I'd rather have it on, just in case. I kind of like having my original VStream SIM Card but I guess I could try to replace it, but I would like some people's thoughts on this first.

Advertisement

2. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember

Oct 18, 2008
    Have you tried doing a wipe and then manually reinstalling 1.5? Sometimes that can do the trick with little problems like that.

Tags: