• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help (sim) contacts are added on restart

jgroep

Lurker
Sep 11, 2011
I use Gingerbread ROM (HTCdev). All is fine, except this is happening for the second time:

After an update of an app, I sometimes switch off the phone and switch it back on again and contacts are duplicated. (No thanks, Roy and Moss!)

Yesterday after an update of "Lookout Mobile Security" I also switched the phone off and back on again. Again contacts are copied on SIM, so if I had one "John Doe" I now have two "John Doe". Restart the phone and I get three, restart four, restart five, etc... This happens with all entries in contactslist! Trying to delete the duplicated contacts and the contactslist crashes. All contacts are gone!

As written this happened after an update of "Lookout Mobile Security", but the first time was after an update of "Friendface" (Facebook).

I think this is a serious bug, but am I the only one who has this great feature on his phone?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones