1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support SIM contacts show on text messages instead of phone contacts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wooky69, Jun 4, 2011.

1. wooky69

wooky69 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 2, 2011
    Hi all, I'm a new Desire user and am still ironing out a few issues, hopefully someone can help :)

When I look at my text messages the numbers and names are showed from my SIM card, this means that the name length is limited in length so always shows shortened (e.g. James Ma/1 rather than James Mason). If I look at my recent phone call list they are all displayed in full so this information is being pulled from the phone contacts. Can anyone suggest how I can make the text message details come from the phone contacts rather than the SIM?

Thanks

Advertisement

2. pete89

pete89 Lurker
    None

Jul 29, 2011
    Hi there, I am new to this forum and i came on here to post this exact question (except i had linked the phone contact to my facebook contacts already). I think i managed to get around it somehow so try this:

using your example i clicked on the message from James Ma/1 (that i know i have already linked phone-facebook) and clicked one of the messages, then open contact, then edit contact and re-type the name 'James Mason' at the top, then save.

When you go back to your messages the contact should be the phone one i think.

This may not be the perfect solution for this problem but it's the best one i could find (although it is rather time consuming).

let me know how you get on.

Cheers

Pete

Tags: