1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

SIM cover not fitting properly

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by george9t8, May 19, 2011.

1. george9t8

george9t8 Newbie

Anyone have the problem of the sim cover not fitting properly? It leaves a narrow gap through which you can see inside, and on one side it doesn't sit flush.

Is this a known issue, and will HTC send a better fitting cover?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. landovr

landovr Android Enthusiast

<P>Yes its a known issue and I don't think a better fitting one even exists.</P>

3. MaxyDad

MaxyDad Member

Not a perfect solution, but I got a 'Barely There' case, which doesn't change the profile of the phone much but covers the back. Works for me.

Maxy

4. george9t8

george9t8 Newbie

Thanks for the replies.

I was thinking of trimming a bit off the two little teeth on the cover, see if that lets it go all the way in.

5. landovr

landovr Android Enthusiast

I have an otterbox commuter series so i never see that part of my phone.

6. george9t8

george9t8 Newbie

Yeah, I think I'll go for a silicone case as well. I've already got one mark on the casing.

7. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Just be careful you don't break it completely. It's also part of the antenna and

8. chippy30

chippy30 Member

mine was the same but also the top left side of screen was not flush with outer casing, it was sitting slighty raised, i,ve only had my phone since october,it had a other problem aswell, end call not working all the time, so i sent it back to htc and pointed out the sim cover and screen issue and asked them to sort it out, they sent it back to me saying they had done it but the sim cover and scren was no different, so i phoned them up and they asked me to send it back, so i did even writting on the screen cover with white pen pointing out probs, they sent it me back again saying they had done it but it was the same, so iphoned again complaining and it got escilated to higher departemet and a supervisor phoned me back saying they was sorry for the problems and could i give them another chance, she said it will be fixed or replaced, so i sent it back, 2days later it came back to me, i opened to find nothing had changed, so on the phone again asking to speak to supervisor who dealing with my phone, she came on saying she was very sorry and did not no why it had been sent back to me not repaired, so i said what now and she said we can offer to replace it with a fully refurbed phone, i said no chance and i was phoning trading standards to se what can be done, i said i want new phone, she said she would have to speak to her manager and get back to me, within 1 hr she phoned back saying new phone ordered and she would phone me with a tracking number, and i was to send old phone back with delivery driver, that was 2 weeks ago and i,ve not heard from her, i,ve tried to phone every other day and ask for her and everybody i spoke with have said they will e-mail her to ring me, still nothing, but brand new phone got delivered yesterday, and nothing said about old 1, so i now have 2 desire hd, nothing to much wrong with other 1 really, just me being picky, but just goes to show if u keep on at them they give in , now if they try phone me i will just not answer

9. george9t8

george9t8 Newbie

Blimey, I don't think I have the same patience!

I've e-mailed them and they e-mailed me back asking for photos, which I've sent. I'm not going to send it in, if they send me a new cover that's fine, otherwise I'll live with it. I've ordered a Otterbox Commuter anyway.

So is your new phone OK?

10. chippy30

chippy30 Member

yeh it looks ok

wher u get case from

11. george9t8

george9t8 Newbie

Amazon was the cheapest.

12. george9t8

george9t8 Newbie

Did you try the cover form the new phone on the old one? Just to see if it's the cover or the phone that's faulty.

13. DOODuk

DOODuk Newbie

Same here and i got a new cover in the post a couple of days later:)

14. george9t8

george9t8 Newbie

Was it any better?

15. DOODuk

DOODuk Newbie

No. Same peice of crappy plastic, but the first cover wasnt damaged to bad and i also bought a commuter case so the damage is hidden and the spare cover is there just incase.
    When you remove the cover i think you do have to be a bit carefull because it tends to bend and buckle a little to easy

16. george9t8

george9t8 Newbie

Just got a new cover from HTC, pretty good service.

It's the wrong colour and doesn't fit perfectly (there's a bump in the middle) but overall better than the one that came with.

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews