• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 'SIM empty' message query

CarterUSM

Lurker
Aug 27, 2016
Hi

I'm a smartphone Virgin and recently bought a Wileyfox Swift, for which I think I've now mastered the basics. I took it on holiday to the USA and (issue with phone contract aside) it worked fine.

Recently the phone gave me the option to perform a Cyanogen upgrade, which I accepted, and it seemingly gave rise to no problems. The next morning, however, I could not phone or use the Internet; according to my phone settings, there is no SIM card (it displays the message SIM empty). I've taken the SIM card out and put it back in again, and reset the network settings, but to no avail.

Is there anyone out there who could assist with this matter? I'm tearing my hear out with frustration because there is no obvious, readily available solution.

Many thanks in anticipation of your help.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones