1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

sim free Desire HD froyo to gingerbread

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JediMeerkat, Dec 26, 2011.

1. JediMeerkat

JediMeerkat Lurker

Hello All, I have a sim free Desire HD and would like to update from froyo to Gingerbread. When I check for system firmware updates my phone says there are no updates available. How do I update to Gingerbread? Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dudley02

dudley02 Newbie

Is it using a standard Rom ?, if it is then contact HTC as the update should be available, if you are using a custom Rom then you'll need to do it manually

3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

What's your software version in Settings -> About Phone? Is there a .405 in there somewhere?

4. JediMeerkat

JediMeerkat Lurker

I'm probably using a standard ROM as I haven't changed anything since it came out of the box. Software version is 2.2.1 Cheers!

5. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

As far as I'm aware, there's no way of forcing the update. There are a number of things that get checked for when it looks for the update, software number is one of them, along with what's called the CID (Stands for Carrier ID I think). Unbranded handsets should have a CID of HTC_011 (or similar), if that doesn't match, the update won't install. Check your CID with CID Getter.

That's your Android version, there should be a software version/number on the same page? if it's 2.2.1, it should be 1.72.405.x

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews