1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Sim free & Rooting question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GalaxyS2, Sep 21, 2011.

1. GalaxyS2

GalaxyS2 Well-Known Member
    None

May 4, 2011
    UK
    Hi, i'm currently using a sim free S2 with vodaphone payg sim. my current system info is:

Android 2.3.4
    xxkg5

My battery only lasts about 13 hours with light use and about 2 hours listening to music.

I hear rooting will help with battery life, just wondering with my phone been sim free will there be any point in rooting as I won't have any bloatware to freeze will I?!?

Thanks for your help

Advertisement

2. Slug

Slug Check six!
    None

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    That is pretty poor - has it always been like that, even on the original firmware?

Take a look at Settings/About phone/Battery usage, tap the graph at the top to expand it and examine the bar displays underneath. The one to pay close attention to is "Awake"... any large blocks of solid colour mean that something has been preventing the system "sleeping" and thus conserving power.

That depends.... anything installed that you personally don't have a use for but can't ordinarily uninstall could be called "bloat". ;)

3. GalaxyS2

GalaxyS2 Well-Known Member
    None

May 4, 2011
    UK
    Yeah its always been around that. It gets a full charge every night. When I say it lasts 13 hours I mean it usually starts to tell me that's its running out around 13 hours but will most of the time stay on till around 15.