1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Sim help please

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by darksiede, Dec 15, 2013.

1. darksiede

darksiede Lurker

I currently am using Straight-Talk and have the T-Mobile sim card, they have the AT&T card back in stock and on sale for 7 bucks currently, and was wondering is it worth it?

On T-mob my coverage sucks in NE Kansas, but when I have H it flies.. I know from previous experience that AT&T coverage is way better around here, but what is their speed like on the Nexus 4? I dont know much about CDMA/H/LTE and all that junk, so I'm lost on what I will gain or loose by switching..

Help is appreciated, Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

H is HSPA (high speed packet access) and will be available on AT&T in most areas. You don't need to worry about LTE as the Nexus 4 doesn't officially support it.

My guess is that H on AT&T will be pretty similar to it on T-Mobile

darksiede and D-U-R-X like this.
  3. darksiede

darksiede Lurker

Awesome, and thanks for the info.. I love H speeds, but sprint coverage is bad around here.. while my past experience on AT&T pre-Nexus 4.. was awesome for coverage..

~Kev

4. new optimus

new optimus Android Expert

Kev As sad as I am to say this but if you have AT&T and would like to use their LTE (yes with straight talk) you will need a different phone as the nexus 4 only has AWS (band 4) LTE and Att uses different band.

My dad lives in Iowa and as such t mobile is few and far between, plus my dad is an over the road truck driver, I got him an htc one x and its using straight talk att sim he has lte on most major freeways and a fairly decent hspa signal in most areas, he has never had a dropped call or no call coverage which is the number one thing for him.

Nexus 4 Forum

The Nexus 4 release date was November 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, and 2100mAh battery.

November 2012
Release Date
Reviews