1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Sim not recognized on new phone.

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by manteray, Jun 21, 2016.

1. manteray

manteray Lurker
    None

Jun 21, 2016
    Male
    I just purchased a new Elephone P8000, was well happy with the product...fast and funky.
    But when i put my sim card in, its not recognized in either slot, i have turned the phone off and on and off many times, still nothing...My sim is NEW 3g/4g compatible and works fine in my Galaxy ace 3
    I have scanned the internet for approx 10 hours and read 100's of posts, but not one clear answer on how to fix my problem, most of the posts i have seen say..Install new OS and flash this and root that, im not that technical minded and i was baffled(still am), why does the phone not show the sim? what do i need to do to fix it without installing other OS instead of android.
    Elephone website has NO information i can use, the website keep crashing.
    There is NO updates or firmware stuff that i know of, so i came here begging for help.

In order to help me i need the instructions in clear layman terms(easy form).

Advertisement

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    It's not a Verizon or Sprint SIM is it? Because this phone won't work with those carriers. What carrier is the SIM for?

Yeh, Elephone's English site is pretty useless. That's often the way with these imported cheap China phones. They mostly sell in China anyway.

#2 mikedt, Jun 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
  3. manteray

manteray Lurker
    None

Jun 21, 2016
    Male
    The sim is Virgin media, fully working in my ace 3, a lot of sites give me NO clue, they sell the phones and have no idea how to fix them? its terrible. The worst part is the phone is actually very good, fast easy to use, everything works on it except the sim.

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Virgin Mobile USA? That's an MVNO on the Sprint network. I'm pretty sure this phone won't work at all with that. It's a CDMA/EVDO network, and the Elephone isn't, it's GSM/UMTS. And there's nothing you can do about it. Apart from possibly switching over to a GSM carrier like AT&T or something.

Dannydet likes this.
  5. manteray

manteray Lurker
    None

Jun 21, 2016
    Male
    Virgin UK, LTE/GSM network, the Elephone P8000 is LTE/GSM set. so no reason not to work.

6. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    OK that makes things a bit more straightforward. It should work in the UK, any carrier. The fact it's not working, not recognizing the SIM indicates the phone could be defective. In which case you'll have to return it to Elephone under warranty for repair, replacement or refund. Nothing else you can do really. I presume you bought it online, shipped from Hong Kong.

7. manteray

manteray Lurker
    None

Jun 21, 2016
    Male
    Purchased online and shipped from the UK. with UK plug/english instructions/phone set to english.

mikedt likes this.
  8. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    OK, but it still sounds like it's broken and requires warranty service.

manteray likes this.
  9. manteray

manteray Lurker
    None

Jun 21, 2016
    Male
    I have contacted the seller on Ebay, am awaiting a response.

Lana30 and mikedt like this.
  10. manteray

manteray Lurker
    None

Jun 21, 2016
    Male
    The phone has been sent back, im awaiting a replacement with a hope its working, even if it has the same problem i never got the answers i was looking for.
    Nobody is able to give me a straight answer with regards to changing the OS/Rom to something that works, 100's said it fixed their phones and proceeded to say how it worked, none of them made it clear for me to get to grips with...I sent the phone back at my expense, and if the next phone is not working its going to cost me again. Yes i can get my money back, but its costing me to send the phone back 2 times, when its FREE to install a new rom right?...Well that's my dilemma.

I just thought an android forum may have some answers.