• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"Sim settings" menu?

jcandelora

Lurker
Jun 3, 2012
Hi,
I'm working in India for 6 months. My phone is a US Atrix 4G from AT&T (stock, android 2.3.6). I got AT&T to unlock it before I left the US, and I popped in a local Vodafone SIM card once I got to India.

Everything works great, except that I get these annoying pop-up spam messages from Vodafone.

I searched and was able to find a website where the problem was discussed (I can't post links but it's the first link if you google: "How to Stop (Block) Flash Service SMS of Vodafone India"). As my parenthetical would indicate, the author of the website refers to these as "Flash Service SMS". What it does is it pops up in a message box on top of whatever else I'm doing; the box has a label in the header that always says "Vodafone Services".

The website gives a solution, but my AT&T Atrix doesn't have the menu options it lists.

Further googling turned up a hit in the androidforums Desire HD forum (google: Desire HD flash messages). The poster had a slightly different problem/solution, but the issue is similar and he actually shows a screenshot of the menu on his Desire HD that I need to get to on my Atrix. He says he got there by going to "sim settings"

Does anyone know where I could find that "sim settings" menu on my Atrix? I don't know if I'm just looking in the wrong place, or if it's simply not there because I'm not using Vodafone's customized firmware.

Any help appreciated.

Best regards,
Joe

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones