• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I have a Kyocera Hydro Icon C6730. I've been to a few unlock sites trying to unlock this thing. It's a great phone (got update that fixes Google App crashes I guess?)

Only problem is that it's a Boost Mobile phone, and I know how awful asking Sprint is with unlocking devices. Few sites I've been to have reported back with no unlock for this device.

So pretty much, I have no problem paying $20 or so to unlock, but I only feel comfortable using a service that takes PayPal. I'm actually wondering if this device can in fact be SIM unlocked, and if anybody has done so yet, so that I can just go to a sketchy site that can unlock it with a CC.

OR, if anybody is certain this phone CANNOT be unlocked and I'm simply wasting my time, let me know :)

Thanks guys!

~spec

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones