• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sim unlocking the desire?

I have signed up to this forum initially just to advise people against using gsmliberty to get an unlock code. I used them for a code for my HTC Desire locked to T-Mobile. States 5-10 minutes. A day passes, I hear nothing. I then raise a ticket asking where is my unlock code.

I receive a message quoting server problems cause delay? rubbish and if it was the case, a simple mail to let me know would have sufficed.

next they quote the server did not return a code for my HTC and went on to say:

We can offer one of the following two options at this time :

1- Cancel your order for a full refund as per our service guarantees.

OR

2- A premium HTC database can be used to search for your phones unlock code and does come at an extra cost of $15.00.

However this database is a much more comprehensive one, carrying records of many more and recent IMEI's, further more the search will take 5-10 minutes only to complete after confirming your consent, and of course should no code be found your order will be fully refunded and thus making this is a risk free upgrade.

Please do let us know how you would like to proceed with your order and we'll have it processed right away.

Best Regards,

Jason
GSMliberty Support Team.

I opted for for number 2, I requested a refund, I wait a day, no refund, I contact them again, they state they are searching for my code, to which I respond yet again, refund me. Another day passes, no refund.

I have had to raise a dispute with Paypal with the hope of receiving my refund. In the meantime I used foneszone.co.uk I received a working code very fast and problem free. Beware who you use for codes, some are more hassle than they are worth.

Upvote 0
Personally, I tried HTCCODE once. After contacting a live representative, they said they didnt have the code and would refund my money. Which did happen. After this, I tried cellunlock.net and they emailed my code within 1.5 hours. I suggest checking out their site and happy customers on their site, meaning you don't have to take just my word for it. I was emailed about 4 days later from HTCCODE that they 'updated their database'.

This comes from a very happy customer from cellunlock.net. if either had refused refund, I would have filed a dispute with PayPal. Once again, to those who are looking for unlock code, I suggest looking at reviews for each one.

best of luck, hope this helps

Upvote 0
Hi,
I was looking at the posts on getting the Desire unlocked and there are so many paid options.
BUT I think that if you have stuck on with your network for long, its worth giving it a try and asking them to send you an unlock code.
I'm with '3' Three network and been with them since 3 years, got a new Desire as upgrade and they gave me the unlock code without much fuss.

I suggest you give it a try.

All the best,
T

Upvote 0
People,
DON'T do any business with www.mobileunlocked.co.uk - they stole my 35$. I could not believe it, but it happened. Just don't take chances, don't risk. They take the money and if they can't provide the unlocking code - they just keep the money. The guy behind this scam is Richard Cappin, a cold bloded thief. Just DON'T RISK.

Danijel

Upvote 0
Guys, to make things clear. I have tried 4 websites and have never been refunded. I did it with Ebay and got refunded instantly, so I would go for that. But all those htcunlock bullshit websites are just one big scam. They DO NOT refund.

At the moment I have 4 Paypal claims running, but I'm afraid I'll never see any money..

Upvote 0
Guys, to make things clear. I have tried 4 websites and have never been refunded. I did it with Ebay and got refunded instantly, so I would go for that. But all those htcunlock bullshit websites are just one big scam. They DO NOT refund.

At the moment I have 4 Paypal claims running, but I'm afraid I'll never see any money..

Well, I'll alarm the closest tax authority (already have),
http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/
I'd love to see them pay him a visit.

...and will report all over... where ever I can. I mean, this guy runs a few businesses, not hard to track him down.

Here is his LinkedIn page: http://uk.linkedin.com/in/richardcappin. I wil now contact all his contacts at LinkedIn with a not too pleasant note.

People like this should go to jail.

I'll also report to
http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/
and
http://www.actionfraud.org.uk/

I have time. :cool:

Upvote 0
Well, I'll alarm the closest tax authority (already have),
HM Revenue & Customs: Home Page
and will report all over... where ever I can. I mean, this guy runs a few businesses, not hard to track him down.

Here is his LinkedIn page: Richard Cappin - LinkedIn. I wil now contact all his contacts at LinkedIn with a not too pleasant note.

People like this should go to jail.

I'll also report to
Consumer Direct
and
Home | Action Fraud

I have time. :cool:

HTC SIM Unlock | Unlock ANY HTC phone with our genuine HTC unlock codes. Money Back Guarantee!, TotalGSM.org, Sony Ericsson unlock Service, Unlock All Sony Ericsson Phones and Ecommerce Provider and Paypal Alternative is offered through SWREG are the websites I'm tracing, sick and dissapointed in this shit, that's what I am!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones