1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Sim usage in different area

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by NoamAS, Oct 10, 2014.

1. NoamAS

NoamAS Newbie

Hi all .

In the latest week I was using prepaid sim ( Dutch ) instead of my own sim . When I purchased the sim , the salesman made a few changes in my phone 's configuration ( I couldn't see what kind of changes and for some reason didn't ask him either ). Could you please tell me what should be changed before I'm putting in my sim back ? ( data roaming , etc )

I'm using 4.4.4 , stock version .

Thx !

2. xdrc45

xdrc45 Android Enthusiast

You should be able to just eject your Pre-Paid SIM and then reinstall the old SIM card then power off and then power back on the device and the SIM should be detected. You might have to go into "/Settings/More/Mobile Network Settings/" and make sure that "Data Enabled" (I also have "Data Roaming enabled) is checked and turned on and that the "Preffered Network Type" is set to "LTE Recommend" and then scroll down to "Access Point Names" and make sure that your Carrier network is selected for your SIM card that your using. You might have to edit the APN settings for your Carrier... A simple Google search should provide you with the proper APN settings.

Hope that helps and if you have any questions feel free to ask!

NoamAS likes this.
  3. NoamAS

NoamAS Newbie

Thank you very much !

Nexus 5 Forum

The Nexus 5 release date was November 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.95" screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon 800 processor, 2300mAh battery, and 2GB storage.

November 2013
Release Date
Reviews