• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Similar to WHERE

sj24

May 5, 2010
Cape Cod
Are there any other apps that are similar to WHERE? I installed it and the idea is good but info is soooo outdated, searched "pizza" and it showed places in the area that have been closed for years ( one i used to work at went out of buisness 12 years ago), also searched seafood and only came up with 3 places ( I live on Cape Cod, believe me there are 100's of seafood places). I did try another app, not sure of name geo...something and was even worse. Thanks

Google Places. My family had to go take care of some stuff out in the middle of no where in Alabama and my Dad used Places on his Inc to find a good restaurant.
I go back & forth b/t Places & Where. Depends on what I'm looking for. As a former BB owner I miss Pyont but not enough to go back to a BB.

If your solely looking for restaurants Urban Spoon is pretty cool (I can only speak for using it in the Atlanta area.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones