• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Simple bluetooth handsfree app to call contacts

GlynOld

Lurker
Sep 7, 2011
Hi,

I've just replaced my company Blackberry Curve with a HTC Sensation but having trouble with the following;

I have a simple bluetooth handsfree sun visor kit that worked really well with the BB. I pressed the bluetooth call key, it prompted me to select what I wanted to do (Call or Status) I chose Call and was prompted for a contact...I said who I wanted to call and it called....simple.

Is there something for android that does that - I don't have to touch the phone itself and it only checks the contacts - I don't need it to update my Facebook page.

The other thing is I'll be using Copilot Live Premium...so would have to work when this is running.

Cheers.

AFAIK this is all a function of the Handsfree profile of BT, and also the Push profile to move over your contact names and phone numbers. Both of those are available already on Sensation. So once you pair the two together it should all work. You do not need a separate app.

All this happened automatically when I paired my Sensation with my car kit.

Upvote 0
AFAIK this is all a function of the Handsfree profile of BT, and also the Push profile to move over your contact names and phone numbers. Both of those are available already on Sensation. So once you pair the two together it should all work. You do not need a separate app.

All this happened automatically when I paired my Sensation with my car kit.

+1 worked straight out of the box with my Parrot kit, contacts synched and voice dialling without changing any settings

Upvote 0
Just noticed your last point about wanting to use it with Copilot. You will only be able to do that if your car kit has the Bluetooth A2DP Profile, for audio quality sound. The Sensation has that profile, but that will be no good if your car kit doesn't. Mine did and I can use it with sat nav with no problems. However many cheaper kits, especially the sunvisor ones, don't. They only have Handsfree and maybe OPP profiles if you are lucky.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones