1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Simple calendar wanted like one on Sony P1i phone

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Basil Fawlty, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Basil Fawlty

Basil Fawlty Lurker
    None

Jul 10, 2011
    Hi guys. Please can you help!?!?

I've finally swapped from my old but trusty Sony P1i phone with Symbian UIQ 3 operating system to a bright shiny new Samsung Galaxy S (sadly not the SII) with updated Gingerbread OS. I like it a lot.

BUT....the Gingerbread calendar sucks big time. :( I've been to Android Market and downloaded 6-7 of the most popular free apps and widgets to try and find one I like but they all seem really over complicated and use far to much colour everywhere.

What I'm looking for is a plain, simple, quick and easy to use calendar like the one I had on my Sony P1i. You know the sort, one that works but doesn't need a day to set up and a degree in computer science to use. I'm quite happy to pay whatever is necessary for the right calendar app, it doesn't have to be free.

In general I like to view one day at a time and usually I have at least 8-10 appointments per day which I'd like to be able to view all on the screen at the same time in list form. I also use a reminder alarm a lot. I don't need to attach pictures, enter Location (what is that for by the way???) or Time Zone. The key thing is it has to be simple and uncluttered.

Can anyone suggest a proper standalone calendar that I don't have to use with Google Calendar online that fits my needs???

To help I've attached some screen shots of the old calendar I had on the P1i to help show what I'm trying to get...

Thanks in advance!

Phil

Attached Files:

Advertisement