• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"simple" controlled psx games...

griswolds53

Mar 1, 2010
sorry if this has been asked, but now that the psx emulator is up and running...what games do you guys think translate best with a touch screen? I was thinking Broken Sword, or some of the point and click games? I have a hard time controling fast motion games on the touch screens, and using 8 buttons and two controls stick on a 3.7" screen is tough for me. I was hoping that there were some simple controlled type games to try...
thanks for your input! :)

I haven't tried many (yet) and I will fair warn you that my answer is not productive.

Resident Evil is NOT a good choice LOL

Its really hard to shoot zombies coming at you with the on-screen d-pad and R button..

ok. curiosity got the better of me and after rumaging though all of my old games i only found gameday 2002, madden, and Populous. i have to say...gameday runs awesome, and is much easier to control then i though it would be. I was having a hard time with games on the NES emulator. this seems easier to play! Populous, however...is hard to play, but runs good. screen is just hard to see with all the little minions running around...i did not even bother with madden. i saw some posts that said ea games are not working. overall i am really impressed with this!

Upvote 0
i found resident evil ok to control tbh.. use a finger on R to aim and thumbs to control ...

crash bandicoot is quite easy to control if you take your time..

abes oddysee is a bit of a fail atm as cant creep/tip toe due to lack of button but otherwise seems good.

i wanna know what tomb raider 2 handles like.. anyone tried it ?

Upvote 0
i found resident evil ok to control tbh.. use a finger on R to aim and thumbs to control ...

crash bandicoot is quite easy to control if you take your time..

abes oddysee is a bit of a fail atm as cant creep/tip toe due to lack of button but otherwise seems good.

i wanna know what tomb raider 2 handles like.. anyone tried it ?

I could not get tomb raider 2 to work. Ripped it from a disk to an ISO. Maybe another format would work. It loads and looks great until you get to lauras house then it crashes. I am officially out of games. Off to eBay to procure some cheapies.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones