1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Simple Countdown to a specific date application

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by tEA-TiME, Jun 5, 2011.

1. tEA-TiME

tEA-TiME Lurker
    None

Apr 6, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    I am in need of a countdown timer, that when installed and clicked on, will simply show the user how many years, months, days and minutes until a date I specify that will be hardcoded into the program. I do not want the user to be able to change the date or time it is counting down to.

This will be offered for free in the Amazon Marketplace, and while I cannot pay money, you will be given full credit.

Please message me back for more details. This app is to serve as a promotion for a book I am releasing.

Advertisement

2. cmh0114

cmh0114 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 10, 2010
    If you aren't going to pay for it, would it be acceptable to make this app ad-supported?
    Also, nomb, but I'd be curious as to why you are releasing a book that you don't expect to make any money from...
    Anyways, I'm willing to do this app, could you send me an email detailing the specifics of what you want? I'll PM you with my email address.

3. tEA-TiME

tEA-TiME Lurker
    None

Apr 6, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks for the response, I got your PM and will email you shortly.

Ad supported would be fine by me, we can discuss the details when I email you. I just meant I didn't want anyone to have to pay to download the app from the market.

Also to answer your question, the book I am releasing is going to cost money through Amazon. probably in the 2.99 - 3.99 area, but I haven't decided yet. This app is just kind of a tie in to the theme of the book.

4. slaman

slaman Newbie
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    You do realize that there are plenty of countdown applications on the market right?

5. tEA-TiME

tEA-TiME Lurker
    None

Apr 6, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    Well, I want it branded with my books cover and the main timer always showing only counting down to a very specific future date.