• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Simple online membership database

350X

Android Expert
Jan 3, 2012
NWOhio
www1.virginmobileusa.com
Simple online membership database

Looking for a simple to use freeware program I can use online for a membership database. maybe someone has used one before???

Want one where anyone can check to see if a said person is really a trusted seller [as anyone could fake it and use our seal], we will be selling a seal of approval in our motorcycle forum for custom made parts.

a buyer could click the seal, be taken to the website and it will tell if they are a current approved member. Assuring people they are getting the right parts.

since allot of parts are custom made now since the bike is no longer in production.

Hey 350x, I am not sure of a freeware software that does this, but I do work in the eCommerce industry. Recently there was a eCommerce conference in Chicago and one of the keynotes talked on this issue of being a "trusted" online retailer. His number one suggestion was to support sales through PayPal. He stated that many people have grown to know and trust PayPal being that have been around for some time now. They also offer a way for the customer to get they're money back if they had been "wronged". So perhaps adding paypal to the site will help the trust on the consumer end. I know I always take the paypal option haha like on newegg haha
hope that offered some help for you.

Upvote 0
I also forgot to mention.. Google also has a trusted store program that anyone in the US can apply for, for free.

Overview

Apply

If google says you're trustworthy I'm sure most people would agree. I have seen it on a few web stores that I have used such as musiciansfriend.com. I haven't looked to far into it, but I do know it is a free to apply for program. I think it is worth looking into

Upvote 0
Hmmm... Let me try to wrap my mind around this, I'm not really into sales and marketing at all :)

So you want a service that will verify individual users as being legit, so that customers can find these legit sellers through your service?

If so, could you just write a web app that 'verifies' the person as being legit if they have a valid paypal?

It could take the input of their paypal field and wget that address, then grep the file for something that a valid paypal page would have?? Maybe? :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones