• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Simple question I just cannot find an answer to...

Kevink121

Lurker
Jul 9, 2013
Ok I feel like this would be a mere breeze to discover via google search.

My question.(appologies for repetitive possibility)

Im possibly buying a tmobile s3 tomorrow. I have at&t. Will I be able to unlock it any other way than through tmobile customer service? Or do I need the owner to do it first?

Please for the love of god make my 3 hours of searching bear some fruit.

Thank you very much in advance

Sometimes it requires flashing another radio but THIS looks like your answer. Please let me know if you need any further assistance. I won't be up much longer but I will get back to it ASAP if somebody doesn't before me :p

This is kinda what I meant by the opposite.

These are instructions for unlocking an AT&T phone Im wondering if you can unlock a tmobile phone without having a contract with them or being the registered owner of the phone for less than 18 months

(sorry never said the opposite here, but All Ive been able to find is people unlocking att phones for tmobile and not the other way around)

Upvote 0
I'm PRETTY sure you'll be fine. I carrier unlock almost every phone I get my hands on. If you can't get the code for free you can buy it for a small fee, $30 dollars tops, if that. I'm almost positive you can unlock using a software method for free tho.

I definitely appreciate your snappy quick feedback I need some definite feedback before I buy it though

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones