• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Simple tip to speed up the ui on your phone

matttye

Android Expert
Apr 26, 2010
Lincoln, England
Go to settings, developer options, and change the "window animation scale" and "transition animation scale" settings to 0.5x. That will make animations twice as fast compared to the default 1x options. This means that opening apps, sliding between screens etc will occur faster.

You can turn both sets of animations off altogether to make it even faster if you like, but I personally like the animations.

Changing them to 0.5x makes a noticeable difference.

I borrowed that from this thread on xda:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1735283

All credits to him :)

Go to settings, developer options, and change the "window animation scale" and "transition animation scale" settings to 0.5x. That will make animations twice as fast compared to the default 1x options. This means that opening apps, sliding between screens etc will occur faster.

You can turn both sets of animations off altogether to make it even faster if you like, but I personally like the animations.

Changing them to 0.5x makes a noticeable difference.

I borrowed that from this thread on xda:

Speed up your Galaxy S3 in 2 easy steps - xda-developers

All credits to him :)
Yep, and saw it on there too. It is an awesome tweak.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones