• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Simple tools/apps/widgets you would like to see

MSUgEEk

Android Expert
Apr 22, 2010
Northwestern Alabama
I just switched over from the iPhone that I have used for 3 years to the android platform with my Moto Droid. I have noticed there is still a lack of some of the more simple apps in the android market that were available for the iPhone shortly after it's release. I am an electrical engineer and at one time in college was a software engineering major, so I have advanced programming knowledge in C, java, as well as assembly so I feel fairly confident I could program some basic tools that people could use. What type of tools would you like to see for you android phone? Being an engineer, a few engineering tools come to mind like unit converters, basic formula calculations, etc... That's just my engineering mind thinking. What type of apps would help you either do your job or things around the house on a daily basis?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones