• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SimpleNotepad notes gone as well as Photos and Videos on S21 Ultra

Sunny K

Lurker
Jun 17, 2019
My s21 went nuts on me, turning off and rebooting itself in safe mode until I gota message on the screen telling me I had to do a factory reset. There was supposedly no way around it. Went to an AT&T store and the guy backed up my phone and did the factory reset. Problem is no matter what I do these super important notes I had saved in SimpleNotepad are gone. I was able to find some from sheer fishing around on my phone some of the notes but not the two most important ones. I'm desperate here guys. Can someone help me out as to why these notes restored? Also all of my photos and videos are gone too. Ugh. Can this get any worse? I don't know know how to even get down to the root level of my phone or if there's any sort of decent/easy to navigate software programs that might save me. Is it even worth calling AT&T Tech Support?

SUNNY

My s21 went nuts on me, turning off and rebooting itself in safe mode until I gota message on the screen telling me I had to do a factory reset. There was supposedly no way around it. Went to an AT&T store and the guy backed up my phone and did the factory reset. Problem is no matter what I do these super important notes I had saved in SimpleNotepad are gone. I was able to find some from sheer fishing around on my phone some of the notes but not the two most important ones. I'm desperate here guys. Can someone help me out as to why these notes restored? Also all of my photos and videos are gone too. Ugh. Can this get any worse? I don't know know how to even get down to the root level of my phone or if there's any sort of decent/easy to navigate software programs that might save me. Is it even worth calling AT&T Tech Support?

SUNNY

Evernote dumped 4 years worth of Journaling, a 5 or 6 randoms left out over 100 entries. I'm sure i am at fault, but they don't make it easy to ask questions. I gave up on getting ahold of someone representing Evernote. Better known as Ever JOKE. sorry if off subject or whatever but i, in good conscience, had to pass on my experiences.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones