• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Simplest alarm clock app?

LeFunk

Lurker
Sep 5, 2022
Hello, I'm looking for the simplest alarm clock app possible: where you just press the wake up time (for example 08:17 + OK and that's it. Apps that I have tried so far have too many bells and whistles - I don't need the app to remember the time for future wake ups, no fancy but cumbersome interface with a dial etc - just the most basic thing.

Stupid Simple Alarm Clock was brilliant, but unfortunately it doesn't work well with newer Android versions - system hibernates it and also the wake up time isn't displayed on the message bar any more.

Reactions: Jason Edwardes
Hello, I'm looking for the simplest alarm clock app possible: where you just press the wake up time (for example 08:17 + OK and that's it. Apps that I have tried so far have too many bells and whistles - I don't need the app to remember the time for future wake ups, no fancy but cumbersome interface with a dial etc - just the most basic thing.

Stupid Simple Alarm Clock was brilliant, but unfortunately it doesn't work well with newer Android versions - system hibernates it and also the wake up time isn't displayed on the message bar any more.

Did you report this issue to the developer of Stupid Simple Alarm Clock?

This is how developers are made aware of things like this.

To be honest, this seems to be a common issue with the last few Android versions.

Upvote 0
TBH I only use the alarm app that comes with the phone. The combination of Doze + very aggressive app killing in the Android implementations of most manufacturers mean that third party apps are very much hit and miss when it comes to notifications. See https://dontkillmyapp.com/
Also, Doze exemptions are only partial ; unless you are rooted, you cannot fully exempt an app from Doze. This is explained on Android's official docs https://developer.android.com/train...tate/doze-standby#support_for_other_use_cases but is a widely misunderstood point.

Reactions: puppykickr
Upvote 0
Did you report this issue to the developer of Stupid Simple Alarm Clock?

This is how developers are made aware of things like this.

To be honest, this seems to be a common issue with the last few Android versions.

People have notified him, but I doubt that it helps because the app was last updated 7 years ago.

I really miss its usability and simplicity.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Reactions: Jason Edwardes
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones