1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Simplist way to restore apps and associated data

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by ranjb, Sep 14, 2016.

1. ranjb

ranjb Member
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    Male
    IT Infrastructure Engineer
    Hi All

A galaxy s4 user here. I have a rooted device and play around with many Roms but am finding my way of installing a new ROM and then restoring my data to be long winded and tedious and am looking for a better way.

Currently I run nightly backups using titanium backup and online nandroid backup.

I am finding though when I restore apps and data using nandroid backup then it all cases its only restoring the app and not the data.

If I use titanium backup I can restore both app and data but the process of restoring my missing items using the batch feature is still messy.

What I want to do is install a new ROM from scratch, connect to google and then use google to restore the apps (as it can only do that anyway) this way I know I am running latest version of app and then use some other restore utility to identify all the users app I have installed and identify the respective data to be resorted.

Is there an app out there that intelligently talks with play store and is able to restore just the data?

Appreciate any help on this. MODs if there is a better forum to put this in my apologises but feel free to move it.

Thanks [​IMG]

Advertisement