1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

General Simpsons Tapped Out game

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by underdave, Sep 6, 2013.

1. underdave

underdave Newbie

Can anyone tell me if they are able to play Simpsons Tapped Out on the Optimus F3? I recently upgraded to an LG Mach (Sprint) and it says the game isn't compatible with my device. I'm thinking about returning it (for other reasons also) and was considering this phone, but was curious if I'd be able to play the game on that.

Advertisement

2. jjrx3

jjrx3 Android Enthusiast

i havent played it but google allows me to download it to my F3 so i guess it does work... maybe someone else who plays can confirm this..

3. eurohunter

eurohunter Lurker

4. nickduck83

nickduck83 Lurker

Just got the f3 and the games not compatible for me, which is weird because my Optimus elite worked. Seriously mad about this can anyone help?

5. mr_green

mr_green Lurker

It installs and runs fine on the device if you can get the APK from something other than Google Play. For whatever reason, EA decided to remove the phone from the compatible phones list. Titanium Backup or a program like APK Share can be used on another supported device (or by using Bluestacks on your PC) to get the APK. This also works on most other unsupported apps, except I still can't get iFruit to work on the F3.

6. nickduck83

nickduck83 Lurker

So I have to root the phone first? I've never done that before is there an app for that as well?

7. mr_green

mr_green Lurker

I think APK Share works without root, but if you're not opposed to rooting, it's pretty helpful for a lot of things.

I used a guide on this forum and it was really easy. Not one click easy, but certainly easier than on some other phones I've had: Root and CWM - EASY how-to guide for noobs

Plus doing this gives you recovery, which means if your phone ever gets screwed up and you made a nandroid backup, you have a pretty good chance of recovering your phone.

nickduck83 likes this.