• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Since a long time ago..

When I have around one or two apps, in the background like scrolling them in the background, on my moto z2 force, every time I use it again, it does not have any operative at all. But every once a while it will work though, and I am not using anything to clean up my phone lately, sometimes the system build in problem too.
Much help would be appericated :)

When I have around one or two apps, in the background like scrolling them in the background, on my moto z2 force, every time I use it again, it does not have any operative at all. But every once a while it will work though, and I am not using anything to clean up my phone lately, sometimes the system build in problem too.
Much help would be appericated :)

Just to be clear, is the issue that you have little to no response on the device if you have any apps running in the background?

If so, you can limit the number of apps running in the background in a couple of ways.

The first thing I would try is to limit the number of background apps with the Developers Options.

Upvote 0
Screenshot_2020-03-19_21-42-24.png

Reactions: Milo Willamson
Upvote 0
First thing first..those options in the developer side, AREN'T to play with..that's a poor choice..

Second, if an app or two are freezing or giving instability to your system..means either or the two of them are not good for your phone, maybe bad written..perhaps became corrupted in the process at some point..

Just saying.
Thanks for the heads up, two of my apps? Seriously what two, basically it has been the same ones, as I had in the app drawer I uploaded on Moodyblue's little link about the ADW Thread, nothing new anyways. There is not much of a huge change though either, so I am assuming one of them is biting me in the bullet .

Upvote 0
First thing first..those options in the developer side, AREN'T to play with..that's a poor choice..

Second, if an app or two are freezing or giving instability to your system..means either or the two of them are not good for your phone, maybe bad written..perhaps became corrupted in the process at some point..

Just saying.

In my experience, changing the setting that I mentioned in developers options only seemed to affect user apps.

The rest of the device performed normally, if not a tiny bit quicker.

It has no effect on any foreground apps that are running.

It was simply an easy way to try to restore some useability in the device.

If it caused any difficulty, it is just as easy to set it back.

As it is, on my 2GB device, I leave it set for the normal position.
But my super crappy (in comparason) 1GB device runs much better when I restrict the background services.
And that is the device that I actually use as a phone as well.
My 2GB devices are Wi-Fi only, as there is no service on them, and I have pulled out the SIM cards (to end the annoying 'service' notifications).

Upvote 0
Well I done the system app check thing, and still sometimes it clusters itself that way, I will give the app you linked up a go, what is the name of it?

What OS are you running on the device?
There are different versions of the same app.
They even have slightly different names.

If you are running less than Android 9, then you can use the ad-free version that I use.

If you have Android 9 or newer, you should get the newest version of the app- which does have ads. But you can purchase the ad-free version.

I am using version 5.0.3.11 and it is called Android System Cleaner- by Systweak.

Reactions: Milo Willamson
Upvote 0
What OS are you running on the device?
There are different versions of the same app.
They even have slightly different names.

If you are running less than Android 9, then you can use the ad-free version that I use.

If you have Android 9 or newer, you should get the newest version of the app- which does have ads. But you can purchase the ad-free version.

I am using version 5.0.3.11 and it is called Android System Cleaner- by Systweak.
Getting around to download it via play, I come across a strange freeze on my moto when I directly download it to your url you gave to me in the inbox.

Upvote 0
When I have around one or two apps, in the background like scrolling them in the background, on my moto z2 force, every time I use it again, it does not have any operative at all.
You're on a higher Android version than me, so that could be a part of this puzzle. My Moto Z² Force has never done what you're describing.

Does it matter which apps you're running, or does this problem happen regardless?

When's the last time you rebooted your phone?

Upvote 0
You're on a higher Android version than me, so that could be a part of this puzzle. My Moto Z² Force has never done what you're describing.

Does it matter which apps you're running, or does this problem happen regardless?

When's the last time you rebooted your phone?
Well ever since I figured it was Slacker Radio causing the troublesome and disable it, I have no problems what so ever right now. I just went into the App Drawer and figured it out, right now it is pretty great though, tested it with variation with different apps .

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones