1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Since I have a brand new phone with no important apps do i have to backup anything before i root?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ConnectingLine, Jun 28, 2011.

1. ConnectingLine

None

Jun 26, 2011
    ok so i barely got my huawei ascend and ive seen post that say to backup your apps and stuff. But since this doesnt have any important apps that i care about cant i just go directly to rooting without backing up anything? Also do i need to backup the rom or something in case something happens? If i do need to what is the best app for that? Also i cant seem to find usb debbuging on the phone where is it? Also im using gingerbreak to root my phone since i updated to 2.2

Advertisement

2. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Android Expert
    None

Feb 9, 2011
    Making you wonder?
    Lone Star State

no...just click the perm root button and once finish the phone will reboot.

3. Scur

Scur Android Expert
    None

May 1, 2011
    Male
    Illinois

Well, bacup your contacts with your Google account. You won't regret it. And you shouldn't have to backup your ROM, but if you want to, ClockworkMod can do that for you. I don't know if it's the best, but it's definitely good for it.

4. Taterhater88er

Taterhater88er Well-Known Member
    None

May 22, 2011
    If all you're going to do is root, you shouldn't really need to back up your ROM. But if you do want to be on the safe side, download ROM Manager and use it to install ClockworkMod and make a backup.

Really, all rooting does is allow you developer access to your phone and tweak performance specs and such. Unless you're planning on flashing a custom ROM, rooting isn't going to change that much on your phone. Some people like it that way, so it's all up to you. :)