• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root since I have to wait...

Spectrumpigg

Aug 11, 2010
So since I am waiting for unrevoked 3 I have a few questions before I root.

What ROM should I use? What is prefered?

What about themes?

How would I go about making my own?

How to change the notification background?

How or what do I use to remote the bloatware?

Should I overclock?

What about themes?

Should I overclock?

yea you should research. but anyways this thread answers like half your questions,

http://androidforums.com/incredible...root-guide-updated-6-07pst-sept-3-2010-a.html

there is a ROM list and you can see which one you prefer, there are some with Sense and some w/o Sense, a kernel list, a tutorial on how to remove/move bloatware (EASY TO DO)

overclock if you want to go fast, if not underclock to save battery.

Upvote 0

What about themes?

Should I overclock?

I agree with the others. Not to be mean, but you are basically wanting us to sum on pages upon pages of information for you in one thread.

And the answer to many of your questions is "it's personal preference".

Oh and FYI... rooting does not require that you do any of those things anyway. Rooting is simply a matter of giving your full access to your phone's OS. From there you can do as little or as much as you want.

For instance, there are people here who go all out with custom roms, kernels and radio's. Then there's people like me who are perfectly fine with stock stuff.

There are people here who like to overclock their phone for some tasks, underclock for others. And some who don't.

There are at least 3-4 different ways of removing bloatware. Again, it's preference.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones