• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Since it can be bout anything..

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
I wanted to post here since I am being quite anxious about it YET I can be assured an impartial opinion

I had my 3 problems with 3 Nexus Ones, but mark my words I know it is a great phone

I went to Sprint until I had horrific problems and had the EVO
Terrific problems

I want:

Either the Nexus ONE

OR

Samsung Vibrant

Nexus One Pros: Nice Screen, get Froyo Immediately, Get Gingerbread at end of year, feell like a brick Cons: is .3" smaller than the Samsung, lacks the square feel (even tho the corners are round) of the Sammy and HTC phones have, the color is horrific, have to convert video filetypes to be played, more money

Samsung Vibrant Pros: Excellent camera, EVen better screen Super Amoled, very pretty, square edged I like, 4.0" screen I like and plays more filetypes, costs less
CONS: Not very sturdy especially on the back, will NOT get Froyo at least in the beginning, likewise with Gingerbread. NO flash

Could someone please help me decide what to do by voicing their opinion on these two at Tmobile only

I do know that the Hummingbird processor is said to be better, but with Froyo is is not true necessarily

Can anyone help? Thanks so much

Hey Ari...thanks . You answered in a very friendly way. Other than someone saying ' if you have had 4 probs with smartphones maybe u shouldn't get one '

anyway, thanks. you know much more than I. Are you basically saying that the Samsung, with the more elaborate UI will need the better GPU, but ironically will not be getting it??? And forgive me if I am totally off by that

feel free to lay right out there opinions saying I should or shouldn't :) I won't be offended

Upvote 0
What kinda problems did you have with Nexus One? Safe move would be Nexus One. I personally have had bad experienced with Samsung phones, but that was a while ago.. IMO Vibrant seems promising but could bomb also, I have not been following it too closely so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Upvote 0
I truly believe they were luck of the draw. I don't' believe in general the Nexus is a lemon

1. Thought I had a problem with Direct Dial but it turned out the rep was wrong. With 2.1, the direct dial Called the person when you searched for the Name it did not open up the contact and allow you to choose like Froyo did

2. Speaker problem

3. Phone would go off and on 2-3 times daily occasionally

Upvote 0
I wouldn't worry too much about getting Froyo or Gingerbread first. It looks like the Vibrant is going to a good selection of ROMs to put on it, so you should be able to get Froyo or Gingerbread relatively soon after they are released.

I would be hard pressed to go with the Nexus One again - the only reason I would probably stay with it was the fact that it is still Google's favorite. I am going to guess that the Nexus One will be the favorite until Gingerbread is released. After that, I hope that Google will make another phone, or at least designate a phone as their favorite.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones