1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Since Pie Upgrade, VPN apps don't work

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by shelsax, Jun 6, 2019.

1. shelsax

shelsax Lurker

Hi,
    Since the pie upgrade, my VPN clients stopped working on my Galaxy S9 (NordVPN, ExpressVPN, TurpoVPN). I uninstalled them all and re-installed only one at a time. During the configuration process, I'm shown a dialog box that says:
    "Connection request
    TurboVPN wants to set up a VPN connection that allows it to monitor network traffic. Only accept if you trust the source"
    When I tap on "OK", nothing happens. It doesn't matter what VPN client I use, I get stuck at the same point.

I've changed the system settings to turn off all apps ability to "Appear on top" but no setting that I change works. Have reset the cache, nothing.

Welcome any suggestions

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

Maybe it was a bad update? Try a factory reset.

3. shelsax

shelsax Lurker

Tried re-installing VPN app several times, tried soft reset, tried hard reset. Nothing worked.

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. seVer

seVer Android Expert

Just installed NordVPN, accepted the options to allow, and no problems other than super slow MMS and visual voicemail issues.

ocnbrze likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S9 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S9 release date was March 2018. Features and Specs include a 5.8" screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 9810 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

March 2018
Release Date
Reviews