• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Since the welcoming message was so welcoming...

SCGamecock

Lurker
May 15, 2011
Hello everyone. I have been a geek for all of my entire 16 years on this planet, and I had the opportunity to get my first android phone a few months ago. I love tweaking with settings on phones, so after having a few launchers I decided time to root. Hours later, i was starting to regret that decision.

Essentially here was the problem: I had installed that leaked version of Gingerbread on my Droid X. It worked well, but I think it screwed up everything about flashing Roms (i even question to what extent was my phone rooted). I spent hours searching old threads on this forum and others with no avail. I even had a friend who has been doing this for months on skype assisting me. Eventually i stumbled upon this thread here: http://androidforums.com/droid-x-all-things-root/326327-boot-loop-help.html . When it worked, I figured I had to make an account to thank these guys. Look forward to posting on the forums from here on out.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones