1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Since updating to 2.3.4 GPS issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Trekk, May 24, 2011.

1. Trekk

Trekk Member

Hi,

After updating 2.3.4 I have had GPS issues, it finds it at a radius to 1000 meters or it places me somewhere I am not. Did a factory reset from settings. Does anyone know a fix for this, is it possible to go back to 2.3.3?

Would appreciate feedback
    Thank you

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Do not worry about update, everybody with a nexus s is experiencing this issue, probably google will wake up one of these days!

3. Trekk

Trekk Member

So I am not the only one experiencing this issue?

4. dhend25

dhend25 Member

I manually updated to 2.3.4 a few weeks ago and my GPS seems fine.

My wife and just got back from a trip to a small resort area in the mountains of North Carolina. We left our home in Springfield, Virgina (Washington, DC suburb) last Friday morning with GPS spot on.

The trip was about 350 miles and 7 hours. Stopped for lunch in western virginia and got off on some small backroads that I use to motorcycle on.

Never lost signal, re-routed when we got off the interstate a few times. GPS was spot on the entire trip. When we arrived at the Holiday Inn in Blowing Rock, NC, our GPS took us right to the front entrance and check in area. It then displayed a color photo of the front of the hotel on my GPS screen! Which I didn't expect.

This is in the Appalachian mountains about 6,000 feet above sea level. A friend in our Wedding party used his Evo 4G (Sprint) and said he lost signal several times before he got to the hotel, once he got into the mountains.

The return trip home, yesterday, was perfect also. Never lost signal and the GPS took us right to the front door of our home in Springfield. 700 miles round trip without ever having lost the GPS signal and perfectly accurate!

If there's a problem, it certainly isn't affecting my nexus s.

Hope you get it figured out with yours.

Best,

DH

5. just go to google help forum there is hundred post about people complaining defective gps on nexus s, this is a software issue and not hardware , Like i said, google will probably do someting one of these days I Hope!

6. mdvrdrmn

mdvrdrmn Lurker

correct Nexus S (Android 2.3.4) has GPS issues all over.
    Main problem is the antenna since the SNR value of satellite is to low (below 40, mostly around 20).
    I have struggled with it and tested with various tools and navigation software.
    I have solved it to use an old Bluetooth GPS receiver (Nokia LD-3W). Using the App. "bluetooth GPS" I'm able to get a superb and accurate fix.
    It's ridiculous but the only way to use navigation on the Nexus S

Nexus S Forum

The Nexus S release date was December 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

December 2010
Release Date
Reviews