1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General since you guys seem more knowledgeable than Verizon employees

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pursuitofhappiness, May 9, 2011.

1. pursuitofhappiness

None

Mar 30, 2010
    I was told I couldn't use my new every two discount because they discontinued it, which would be understandable if I had just become eligible for an upgrade after they got rid of it, but I've been able to upgrade since mid/the end of 2010. Did they really just get rid of it completely even if you were eligible for the ne2 discount before they ended it? I'm not sure if I should attempt to go back and raise hell in there complaining until I get what I believe to be rightfully mine, or if should I just suck it up and just be glad I'm getting the price people pay for signing a new contract? I tried looking for a similar thread, but I didn't find anything, I'm sorry if this has been answered already

Advertisement

2. WA_Bob

WA_Bob Android Expert
    None

Apr 11, 2011
    Male
    Forester
    West edge of the East Texas Piney Woods
    Unless you let your service/ contract lapse, you should still be eligible for your "New Every 2" as far as I know. I'd call customer support on Verizon's 1-800 number and have them check your account. They're more likely to be able to fix any problems with your account records that could be causing you to show up as ineligible in their system. I know other folks on here have talked about Verizon messing up their accounts on occasion so it's entirely possible.

3. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert
    None

Aug 8, 2010
    Sales
    Massachusetts
    Whoever told you that is wrong and I would call back/go in and speak with his/her manager. If you had a NE2 available before they announced they were canceling them you can absolutely use it whenever you'd like. I was sitting on mine since last September and used it on the TB the weekend it was released.

4. thorthunderblt

thorthunderblt Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 23, 2011
    Ur mom
    Ur moms bed
  5. Wanderlusterer

None

Apr 6, 2011
  6. CharlzO

CharlzO Android Expert
    None

Apr 2, 2011
    Male
    Computer Programmer
    Were you at a corporate VZW store, or an agent? If it was just an agent, they probably just didn't want to let you have it (and I believe they don't HAVE to give a discount, though that just shoots themselves in the foot). But if it was a corp. store, yeah, I'd definately go online, see where it says, print out the page if need be, and go back in and ask what's up. Or, just do the upgrade online / over the phone, and get you credit that way, if you can wait a day or two on the phone to get to you.

7. gregnice37

gregnice37 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 18, 2011
    New Jersey
    My NE2 happened to be April 19th and I got the discount as well on release day. So they should honor it even though they don't have it anymore.

8. Eric Bishop

Eric Bishop Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 1, 2009
    Make sure you don't go to or talk to anyone from a "Premium Retailer" of Verizon phones and plans. They will lie and lie and lie some more. Call corporate directly or go to a corporate store.