• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

single worst thing about galaxy s

I have a Samsung Galaxy S from Bell (Canada). One thing..ok maybe more than 1 one thing I hate about my phone is ..
- Crappy or non existent push email (man..I miss my BB)
- Crappy GPS
- Lag (even after lagfix)
- Crappy camera
- Crappy battery
- No LED
- No realtime facebook notifications
Good list! here are a few more...

Crappy headset volume
Crappy audio playback

i thought i would be embarrassed to say this but i dont...i miss my iPhone

Upvote 0
Good list! here are a few more...

Crappy headset volume
Crappy audio playback

i thought i would be embarrassed to say this but i dont...i miss my iPhone

You guys must have gotten a bad batch. Everything on my phone is quite good. I dont have any of the lag issues that everyone else is talking about. I also know the disgruntled few are the loudest, so I think the prevalence is overstated in tech forums.

The Gmail push is excellent. Ive even cloned my work email to receive push updates from there too through a second Gmail account, its awsome.

The camera complaints are just silly. Almost every professional reviewer has praised the overall camera quality. If you really think camera quality means higher megapixels, then you are beyond help. Anything higher than 5.0 mp (even 5 might be too much) is going to waste on a phone format and just taking up useless memory. You need SLR-style lense glass to take advantage of the increased pixels, (and a bigger sensor than a phone can fit), otherwise you just get high-density NOISE. Learn something about digital cameras. Also, try "night mode" in your settings if you're missing a flash... because I'm not.

Crappy headset volume? Are you deaf?

Upvote 0
I have a Samsung Galaxy S from Bell (Canada). One thing..ok maybe more than 1 one thing I hate about my phone is ..
- Crappy or non existent push email (man..I miss my BB)
- Crappy GPS
- Lag (even after lagfix)
- Crappy camera
- Crappy battery
- No LED
- No realtime facebook notifications

Sorry..had to vent!! I really like the phone, hope they get some of the stuff fixed ASAP, as I am losing my patience. I might just go back to my BB and wait until they resolve all of these issues.

You might want to run your battery until its completely dead and then charge it, with the power OFF, for 3 hours until its completely full. I thought the battery sucked when I first got the phone before I remembered to do this. It resets the phone's battery capacity % protocols and now its easily in the "average battery life" category.

Upvote 0
my list is

1 - speaker's position, my finger usually goes over it in landscape mode (while playing games)
2 - for some reason , phone start ringing at a low volume then go to normal volume , always happening
3 - samsung's way of doing the contact thingie , can't put specific ringtones to contacts from gmail account , gotta be from the phone's directory
4 - when I get sms, the notification bar shows the sender , which is usually wrong person, when I expand the notification it shows the real person

Edit: oops , the title said single, it's number 1 then :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones