• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

sipdroid + pbxes + sipsorcery (and others) = cant make calls.

ok, im sorry if this topic is a dead horse, ive spent the better part of a month searching here and google and i have found a ton of information but i cant seem to make this work right on my eris. the problem is i have horrible cell reception at my home. im trying to get sipdroid to work so i can make calls over my wireless and actually hear what people are saying. ive setup both the sipdroid and pbxes exactly the same way others have on here who said it works for them and i cant make a single call using sipdroid. every time i dial a number i get an error saying that the call can not be completed. i can turn sipdroid off and make a half-assed call over verizon just fine.

is anyone out there using this combo and making calls successfully?

thanks

Let's start with the basics. Do you get registered (green light)?
What is sipsorcery? I don't know that combo but for me I'm simply connecting to a provider (not pbxes) or to my own PBX and sipdroid works. When I tried pbxes briefly I had to setup a SipURL from my VoIP provider to make/take calls so in the end it was easier to connect directly to my own server or the provider.

It is one thing if you're doing something with google voice but if you only want to make calls then for ~$0.01/min you can make calls with a simple sipdroid->provider setup.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones